Thursday, March 12, 2009

Deadlifts and a Getaway!

Yesterday's WOD (the real one):
Row 1000 meters
Then
21 deadlifts 123#
15 kettlebell push jerks each arm 16kg
50 boxjumps

My time: 17:17. Very hard after skiing in the morning! But apart from the box jumps, this included all my (relative) strengths, so it wasn't that bad. I was really happy to do it *almost* as prescribed. Just a little light on the deadlifts, which were supposed to be body weight. But I had way less trouble with the 16kg KB push jerks than I thought I would.

Today was weightlifting:

Deadlifts: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
83-93-103-113-123-133-143-153-x-x

Failed on 2 reps at 163 and then 158. Just got too tired at the end! But I think next time I try for a 1-rep max (without doing a gazillion heavy lifts beforehand), I'll be able to go up quite a bit.

My crazy work thing is FINALLY finished. Really actually truly finished. So I spontaneously booked a last-minute trip to (winter) paradise.

Image from telluride.com

It will be so nice to get away from it all and have no responsibilities for a few days. I plan to alternate sleeping with going for walks in the snow. Maybe some mindless knitting too. I'll take lots of pictures of the beautiful box canyon and post them when I return.

No comments: