Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 WODs

A blurry redwood in Golden Gate Park. Really big tree.

Yesterday I came back in the evening and did the WOD:

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
7 burpees
10 push press 53#
15 Box jumps 20"

I got 5 1/2 rounds (halfway through the push presses on the 6th round). Not great, but I'm slow on the box jumps, and I went pretty heavy on the push press. It was good to have a push press workout after I had worked on that in weightlifting class in the morning. It wasn't perfect, but I was able to apply some of what I learned.

This morning another WOD:

5 rounds of:

1 power clean 63#
3 hang squat cleans
2 push jerks
Sprint 200 feet

Rest 2:00 and repeat

Time: 16:23. Really struggling with form at heavier weights.

Article: A Skeptic's Take on the Public Misunderstanding of Darwin
This is an interesting article that explains some misconceptions about natural selection.

I'm taking tomorrow off - from work, from working out, from blogging, from interacting with anyone. It's been a rough week. Saturday I'll attempt Murph, a legendary CrossFit workout. Hope to see you there. I'll post if I survive.

1 comment:

Jane said...

A day of rest - you deserve it! Let the day be all about you and enjoy yourself.