Monday, February 2, 2009

WOD: Fran


Today's WOD: Fran

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Thrusters 53#
Pull-ups (1-band)

Time: 11:11. That's two seconds slower than last time, but closer to the prescribed workout. If I had realized I was so close, I would have pushed just a little harder. I have a hard time pushing myself hard enough on the sprint workouts. I keep wanting to take rests. Something to keep working on I guess.

My Fran progress:

09/08: 38#, 2-band pull-ups, 15:17
11/08: 48#, 2-band pull-ups, 11:09
02/09: 53#, 1-band pull-ups, 11:11

More evidence yesterday that CrossFit makes snowshoeing easier. We made it to Loch Vale in record time, only an hour and 15 minutes from the Glacier Gorge parking lot. The whole trip including a stop for lunch and some screwing around sliding down the hill only took 2 and a half hours. And I felt strong the whole way, but especially noticed a difference in confidence on the treacherous steep stuff (up and down).

I really love snowshoeing. Climbing up and up gets really frustrating, as you're trying to regulate your temperature and maintain balance and your lungs are burning, and you might have some nausea if you're sensitive to the altitude like I am. It's hard work and sometimes you just want to give up. But it's all worth it for the trip back down. Just gliding through the path in the woods, with the rhythmic crunching of the snow under your snowshoes, your body relaxes and your mind can go quiet. You can forget about everything, all the stuff that keeps you up at night and nags at you all day, and just be in the moment.

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Thanks again for all the snowshoeing tips, I too had a great time on Saturday.