Monday, February 9, 2009

WOD: Forearm Killer

Nice, France, September 2005. I want one of those big purple flowering trees, so pretty. When I buy my summer home in France I'll plant one.

Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:

20 Kettlebell snatch (each arm)
30 pull-ups
50 air squats

Time: 27:46. My forearms are useless - doing the pull-ups after the kb snatch was very hard! Need more grip strength, hopefully kettlebells will help with that. I also spaced out on the first round and did only 30 squats, so on the second round I did 70. It made the last 50 seem pretty quick!

I made lots of progress on the Corazon mittens over the weekend. The knitting is finished; now I just need to sew in lots of ends and block them. Mike's hat is getting close too, almost at the decrease. It's made with Artyarns merino sock yarn, very nice to work with. The blue lace scarf is at least half finished, maybe more. Just going until I run out of yarn.

I spent a lot of the weekend working on a proposal, so I don't feel particularly rested. But at least I was home enough hours in a row to get the bathrooms clean, the dishes done, and the laundry mostly caught up. I give it all 48 hours to fall apart again! It will be a busy week at work with a draft due today, lots of stuff to organize, and on top of it, an office move. Looking forward to the weekend already!

No comments: