Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weightlifting: Clean and Jerk

Weightlifting today: we worked on form for the clean and jerk. Got some improvements and tried some heavier weights. The highest I went was 73#, which wasn't pretty but I did get the basic movement right. Trying not to hop forward so much and be faster getting under the bar for the jerk. Soon I need to try the split jerk.

I started a new knitting project last night - Topi from the Spring 2006 issue of Knitty. It's for a friend's 7-year-old daughter who loves hats. It's in a cream wool, and I'm going to sew some colorful buttons on it. First top-down hat I've done, but the pattern is easy to follow and I find hat knitting incredibly addictive. Plus this seems to be going really fast after all the tiny needle/skinny yarn knitting I've been doing lately. I'll make sure to post a picture of the finished hat before I gift it.

Topi hat from Knitty Spring 2006

I'm going to see the Tommy Castro Band tonight. I try to go see them whenever they come to the Denver area, and tonight they'll be playing in Boulder. They play great blues music and always put on a good show, so I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: