Friday, February 13, 2009

More Weightlifting: Technique

Cozumel, May 2007

More weightlifting today: I decided to do Mark's class on technique for Olympic lifts. It had been a while since I worked on that, so I figured it was due. Plus that means I should be rested enough to do a crazy workout tomorrow morning. Hopefully.

Anyway, the class was super helpful and very interesting. I think that in sharp contrast to the stereotype of the dumb gym rat, weightlifting is an intellectual's sport. You have to understand what your body is doing and the kinetics of the movements, and you need to keep about a dozen things in mind at once. And the more you know, the better form you'll have, the more weight you can lift. It's just fascinating, and I love that I can improve by analyzing what I'm doing.

I'm so glad it's almost the weekend. I need to get caught up on all the non-work stuff again!

I'll leave you with a link to Unclutterer's Valentine's Day gift ideas. Mike's getting a nice homemade dinner, and maybe he'll tidy a drawer for me!

1 comment:

Philip said...

Mom is making me duck tonight.