I have meetings off and on all day (yuck), so I'm going to the evening CrossFit class today. That means no WOD to post yet - it will have to go in tomorrow's post. It's scheduled as a kettlebell class - I hope the named WOD (Kelly) doesn't trump the schedule because I really don't want to do it! I also hope that Tim isn't reading this because then he'll probably make me do the WOD. ...Um, so what I meant to say was that I really want to do the kettlebell workout, even more than I want to do the WOD.
Today I was going to do a knitting update, with pictures and everything, but I don't have the pictures with me. So I'll just go with a list/narrative update and promise pictures for tomorrow.
- 2 kettlebell hats: finished, just need to be blocked. These are for FCFers Todd and Tim and should be gifted by the end of the week. Margaret, yours is up next!
- Mike's gray and black hat: about half knit. I got a lot done on this knitting in the car on the way up to RMNP this weekend. I was too tired to knit on the way back. (Too tired to knit?! That makes you want to go snowshoeing with me, doesn't it?)
- Blue Branching Out lace scarf: about 1/3 knit. This is a pretty pattern that's not too hard but because it's lace and has a chart, it does require some attention. The last 3 times I've picked it up to work on it, I've made a mistake and not found it until 3 rows later, requiring me to tink back about 100 stitches. This one needs to spend some time in the knitting basket until I can give it the mental focus it deserves. (BTW, tink is knit spelled backwards - it means to undo a stitch.)
- Corazon mittens: first mitten almost finished. I have a confession to make. I lost these for a while. As in I knew they were in my house somewhere but I couldn't find them. They were found this weekend and I've been working on them in the evenings. I really like how they're turning out. My goal is to finish them by next Tuesday.
- Pinky orange socks for me: 2nd sock started. The first sock turned out so nice, I can't wait to finish the pair so that I can wear these.
- 100th post prize: in the planning stages.
I'll end on a random note: Mike doesn't have to get me anything for Valentine's Day this year because he already got me one of these. Awesome! It's in my office, which lends a combination nerdy/Mary Tyler Moore vibe to my desk.