Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WOD: Dianne

Sacre Coeur, Paris

Today's WOD: Dianne

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Deadlift 103#
modified HSPU (box)

My time: 9:27. I could have done 113#, but I wanted to play it safe given my back injury (which is better now, but I didn't want to re-injure it!). Took my time and tried to make sure form was perfect on each deadlift. The HSPU felt crappy, even modified. Need to push for better range of motion on those.

Still feeling frustrated about not being able to get the kipping no-band pull-up. I guess I'll just keep working on it every day during the warm-up and eventually I'll get it. I do think I'm getting closer - I can get my eyes or forehead level with the bar most of the time now. It will feel so good to finally get it.

I'm also looking forward to spectating at the MBS-hosted weightlifting competition on Saturday. I'm way too chicken to compete, but I'll be there cheering on all the Flatirons athletes.

Oh, I almost forgot that today is Pattern Wednesday. Today's pattern is:
Shetland Shorty from the Summer 2008 issue of Knitty
Designed by Gudrun Johnston

photo from above Knitty link

A cute little cover-up for summer. Would be perfect with girly dresses and tank tops, I think. I picked this because it's really nice out today, probably 70 degrees. It has put me in the mood for summer!

2 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

it's 22 degrees here.

::envy::

rosanne said...

I'm hoping for another entry... Amy, you did really great with DIANNE, as you stated, your form was really good. As for the kipping pullup each day I see you warming up, you do look closer, to getting your chine there, each and every time.