Thursday, January 15, 2009

WOD: Grace


Today's WOD: Grace

For time:
30 clean and jerk 58#

Time: 7:57. Last time I did it at 48# in under 5 minutes, but I know my form was better this time. Today I think I had a lot better form on the second 15, just took a while for it to sink in. I'm inching closer to the prescribed weight of 85#. Next time I'll shoot for 68.

Today was a good day, left the gym feeling good. I'll aim for the same feeling tomorrow.

Switching to the topic of knitting, it's time for a "what's on the needles" list. I guess this is more for myself than for my readers, to take inventory.
  1. FCF hats (3) - 1 just needs a kettlebell, 1 is 75% knit, and 1 is not started
  2. Blue and green Corazon mittens for my work colleague - need to get an in progress picture of these for the blog because they're very pretty but hard to describe. They take some concentration with the colorwork and reading charts, so they're not good weeknight knitting, which is why I haven't made much progress. Tomorrow starts the weekend, maybe it will be the weekend of mittens.
  3. Baby hat for a shower at work next week - just a simple stripey roll brim. I started this last night, but I may restart because I don't like how it's turning out. This should be really quick once I figure out what I'm doing.
  4. Pretty orangey pink socks for me - first one has the heel turned, foot started. I love these so much (and the Dream in Color Smooshy yarn), that I don't want to work on anything else.
  5. Adamas lace shawl (indefinitely on hold until I finish up some other projects)
  6. Black and gray hat for Mike - there is almost always a Mike hat on the list - he already has the yarn picked out for this one but it isn't technically on the needles
  7. A scarf for someone I know who's going through a tough time. She doesn't read the blog, so if you're thinking, hey, is that me, I'm sorry, it's not! I have some blue fingering weight wool that would make a nice lace scarf, maybe a branching out. I've made one of these before, it was fun to knit, and it turned out very pretty. Also not technically on the needles, but it will be very soon.
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but these projects are at the front in my mind. Oh, and I also want to learn how to hand quilt. Nothing too fancy - in fact, I want to start with a whole cloth quilt. Where is all this time I think I have? I should probably do the laundry first!

No comments: