Friday, January 16, 2009

WOD: The Filthy Fifty

Corsica, 2005. I love this photo, with all the texture and different scales and the way the space is broken up.

Today's WOD: The Filthy Fifty

For Time:

50 box jumps 20"
50 jumping pull-ups
50 kettlebell swings 12 kg
50 walking lunges
50 knee to elbows
50 push press 33#
50 back extentions
50 wallballs 14#
50 burpees
50 double-unders (sub 100 singles)

Time: 40:12. 50 seconds worse than last time, in November. But I did have a spectacular box fall that took a while to recover from, and the burpees were killing my back, so I should be I glad I even got close.

I totally forgot Pattern Wednesday this week, so here it is:
Branching Out scarf
Designer: Susan Pierce Lawrence

(picture from above Knitty link)

I have made one of these in Knitpicks Gloss (sock weight) in Cocoa and it was really beautiful, plus a fun pattern to knit - easy to memorize but not boring at all. I plan to make another one in blue soon.

Also I know I've been neglecting Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday. Let's just say it's on hiatus for now. Mike is not in trouble, I just fell behind with my photography.

I also did Grace take 2 last night with 63#, 5:51, but it was apparently not good and I'm not counting it. The redo was partly an attempt to jump start a feeling of reward/accomplishment and partly an experiment with a change in form. It was a failed experiment, and I would have been better not doing it at all.

1 comment:

SPORTS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.