Friday, January 23, 2009

WOD: Box Falls

The estrogen hour class doing "Dianne" on Wednesday. Photo from Tim. I cropped the picture to use as my Facebook profile photo.

Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:

5 burpees
10 box jumps 20"
15 wall balls 14#
Sprint 100 meters

My time: 10:10. My 2 goals were to beat 10 minutes and to not fall off the box. I did not make either goal. It was a pretty good fall, should have been entertaining for onlookers, and at least I fell on my other knee (not the same knee as on the last time). We should make our next challenge "most box falls in 10 minutes". I could totally win that.

We also worked on kettlebell clean and jerk today, and I think I actually got the jerk right a couple of times. It felt completely different from what I had been doing, much easier. I thought more about getting my weight on my heels beforehand, and that seemed to help. Plus maybe something finally clicked about "getting under the bell". Fingers crossed that this wasn't a fluke and I'll be able to do it again.

I loved the misheard lyrics examples. I think it's totally credible that Jack Johnson would sing about Blues Clues. If you have more, feel free to keep posting them, they totally crack me up.

Just a quick clarification on the 100th post contest: it is one entry per person, not one entry per comment. I don't want to discourage all the great comments, but those were the rules I laid out. I *may* make an exception and give an extra entry to people who complimented me. Or my shoes. :)

A quick knitting aside: I really like this hat (by the yarn harlot) and I think I'm going to try duplicate it for myself. Just need to find a cool vintage button. Those mittens are pretty too, but I'm fixated on the hat for now.

Photo from the Yarn Harlot (above link).

Almost the weekend. I'm so ready! I'm going to the weightlifting competition at MBS tomorrow to cheer on the Flatirons athletes. Should be fun! If anyone wants a ride from Boulder to Broomfield, let me know. I'll try to get some good pictures at the meet to post on Saturday or Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Loved that hat too! Looking for a cool vintage button ought to be a lot of fun. Sorry about your knee today, though you really "got right back on that horse", quicker than that one workout that had you out for a minute or two.