Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weightlifting Competition Photos

It's all about the power dust.  Tim gets serious about chalk.

Today was the weightlifting competition at MBS CrossFit in Broomfield.  Warning: this post is photo heavy!  On most of the pictures you can click to get the full size version.  I'm having trouble with some of them - leave me a comment if you want a full size version of anything and I'll email it to you.

First was the snatch competition. 

Tracy

Betsy

Lucinda

Rosanne

Brian

Tim

Next was the clean and jerk.

Lucinda

Tracy

Betsy

Rosanne

Tim

Winners!

Great job everyone!  It was interesting and educational to see all the variations in form and approach, and inspiring to see everyone giving it their all.  A very fun day.

And there was even more excitement in my day.  When I went to Trident for coffee, I realized I was in line behind Hosea of Top Chef!  I'm a huge Top Chef fan and I've been rooting for Hosea each week.  I smiled at him awkardly, and after he left, I admitted to the barista I was a little starstruck, and he let me know in no uncertain terms that I was a total loser.  Ah, Boulder baristas are mean, but they dispense my drug of choice, so I'm willing to put up with the abuse.  And I guess I am kind of lame for getting so excited about my celebrity encounter!

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Poor Amy :( I'm sorry that your coffee experience started out great and ended on a sour note, no help from the coffe guy.

Thanks again for coming out and supporting us all at the competition and for all the photos. I would love to get some photos. The ones of me (of course) and the one of us 3 girls. Can you email them to me?