Today's weightlifting workout:
Back Squat 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5
Thanks Margaret for all your help! I think the form tips on getting lower will help with other things that require squats too, like wall ball and other lifts. Awesome music today, by the way: Metallica's S&M album. Love that one.
Today's post is a hodgepodge of links and ramblings.
First, a knitted brain, courtesy of Steve:
Abby Normal? Nope: Psychiatrist knits anatomically correct brain
As a knitter and a neuroscientist, I really like this. Maybe I should make one for they gym so that when people hit their head, I can point to the part of the brain that I think they hurt.
Next, a misheard lyrics website, also found via Steve.
So funny. As Mike can attest, I have a particularly bad ear for lyrics. I'll even make up words and STILL be convinced I have the right lyrics. A couple of examples:
- Classics like "there's a bathroom on the right" for CCRs "there's a bad moon on the rise" - found that song really confusing as a kid
- Another classic: the Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin" as "Knights in White Satin" - heck, fashions were strange in the seventies
- Tons of misheard Guns and Roses. The only one I can think of now is "Loaded like a freight train, flyin' like an air-o-plane" heard as "blinded like an air-o-plane". Because airplanes can't see! I actually sing this one wrong every time, especially very loud in the car.
- From Metallica's Sad But True, I heard "sad but true" as "sand patrol" - but I wasn't the only one who heard that!
- A more ridiculous Metallica one - heard "Shame Shame" as "Seychelles", which is an island vacation destination in the Indian Ocean. Even Metallica needs to go on vacation. I did know this was the wrong lyric.
- My personal defining misheard lyric is from the Who's Behind Blue Eyes. I actually made up a word and a phrase (and gathered their meanings from the context) for this one: heard "When my fist clenches, crack it open" as "When my bescrengents clack it over". Bescrengents are those who, you know, bescrenge you, try to keep you down, and when they clack it over, they're talking to each other about how to keep you down. Oh dear, I should not be admitting this. My bescrengents will get a hold of it and totally clack it over.
This Pink Floyd one is my very favorite one from the website.
Next, some crafty stuff I like: a bunny vase and bird vases from a cool ceramics artist on Etsy.
And finally, a nice article : Choose from the heart: Clutter free and feeling fine
Random enough for you? Don't forget about the contest - look at all the stuff I gave you to comment on today!