Friday, January 9, 2009

Ouch!

Closeup of the Golden Gate Bridge. Until I went there, I never realized it was such nice shade of red-orange. One of my favorite colors. It really looks beautiful standing out in the gray and fog of San Francisco.

Today's WOD:

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Deadlift 113#
Double kettlebell push jerk 12kg

I don't know what my time was, more than 10 minutes. I don't even care because I screwed up and hurt myself. I slipped and had bad form on some of my deadlifts and ended up pulling/straining a muscle in my back. Stopped 2 reps short of finishing on the deadlift and had to switch to the 8 kg kettlebells for the last 9 reps. Ouch ouch ouch. I'll be fine, but I'm mad at myself for getting hurt. I think I just went a little too heavy and got too tired to keep my form good. A colleague at work suggested muscles may be more prone to injury when we're stressed. If that's true, I shouldn't be surprised I got hurt! I'm going to take a couple of days off and recover, next workout will be Monday evening hopefully. But I'll still be in to cheer Mike on in the Saturday workout.

Before the workouts, I've been working on a no-band kipping pull-up and I'm making progress towards it. Maybe next week I'll get it. I also need to start working on one of my other goals: the 24" box jump. I think I'll start by adding bumper plates to the 20" box.

Thanks to everyone who rooted me on and pushed me today even though I was failing fast at the end of the workout. It's unbelievable what a difference that makes.

Yay for the weekend. I'm DONE with this week. Look for a knitting post this weekend. I plan to soothe myself with wool. Claudia, I'm going to start those socks (and I'm totally using your picot edge tutorial).

1 comment:

claudia said...

Sucks, dude.

I just learned the DL this week. Very. Carefully. So I totally understand how that could happen.