Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kettlebells: Clean and Jerk

Today's Kettlebell workout:

As many reps as possible in 10 minutes
no setting the kettlebell down
single KB clean and jerk

50/12 kg
39/8 kg

I should have done the whole thing with the 12 kg. I was just being super cautious because I didn't want to hurt my back again. But it didn't hurt my back at all, in fact, it feels better. I rested at the bottom several times, which is a cheat. And my form was not great and it just wasn't sinking in. Hopefully going to more kettlebell classes will help. I really like kettlebells and really want to get better at them.

Chuck finally got his muscle-up today - actually got 3 of them! I was hoping I'd get my kipping pull-up breakthrough today too, but it wasn't meant to be. I feel like I really need a breakthrough on something soon. Just feeling frustrated with my progress lately. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Amy, its great to hear that your back feels better.

I also haven't had any breakthroughs in awhile. Its harder to stay focused on goals that just aren't coming along. But I guess this is just a test of mental toughness, aye?