Thursday, December 11, 2008

Perspective

Today's WOD is going to be pretty bad. I woke up this morning and my first thought was, oh no, 75 more burpees and 100 more box jumps. That's a scary thought to wake up to. I didn't even remember the wall ball until after my shower. I did this WOD on October 6, but I didn't record my time. Mike's was about 35 minutes, and I probably took longer.

When I started feeling too sorry for myself for having another really tough workout looming, I remembered that this WOD was created in memory of an FCF member who was killed in a car accident early this fall. I only met him a couple of times, but he was a nice guy, and about my age. It's tragic that his life was cut so short. It keeps things in perspective to remember that as hard as things get, if you have your life in front of you, you have a lot. To show your gratitude for that life, you should really make the most of it and not waste it making excuses.

Continuing with the theme of not making excuses: Tim linked to this article a while ago, I read it then, and of course it made me angry. But when I revisited it after seeing it linked to somewhere else, I went on to read the comments, and my hope was buoyed. Read the comments and you'll see that there are a lot of strong people out there who refuse to make excuses and who are not afraid to call others on it. Just because something is hard is no reason not to do it.

2 comments:

mtbjune said...

I had the very same thought this morning and was trying to think of a way to convince myself to not go tonight...thanks for the motivation!

claudia said...

That article sums up why lots of women who make the trek to the gym stay fat. Misinformation.

Sad.