Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Discussion Is Good

Near Lake City, CO, September 2006

Today's WOD: FCF Benchmark

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Burpees
Kettlebell swings 24/16kg
Box jumps 20"

Time: 10:11. This was as Rxd. I really wanted to beat 10 minutes, but the burpees bested me. They just freak me out mentally. I feel so awkward and clunky when I'm doing them. Maybe I could improve my burpee technique and make them more fluid so I can do more in a row.

June asked a good question in the comments yesterday: What do people do for cardio in addition to CrossFit? It spurred some discussion in the comments - check out yesterday's comments for some interesting answers, and if you haven't answered yet and would like to, please post a comment to today's post. I'll compile all the answers and post them at the end of the week.

Now that I know there are some readers out there, I'd like to have more CrossFit-related discussions rather than just one-sided rants. Any ideas for discussion topics? Maybe I'll start doing Discussion Thursdays.

As always, I greatly appreciate the comments. It's really gratifying to know that anyone cares to read something I write. I hope I can facilitate a fun discussion forum as well.

By the way, the book is not yet closed on the Jug of Pain story...

2 comments:

rosanne said...

Well, I have to say lately I have been a little envious of you, Ms. Amy. I have noticed you have started wearing fitted tops to workout and your upper body, shoulders, arms, torso look super sleek, slimming, not to mention strong. I hope you see what I see and know that all your hard work is definitely paying off. I just wonder at times where is my "sleek little self", it must have gotten lost when I decided to do the 100 day pullup challenge. As Tim puts it "we'll probably end up looking like turtles". How sexy can a turtle really be?

Margaret said...

crossfit journal #22 in the archives has an article on crossfit and cardio by coach Glassman