Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve WOD: 12 Days Challenge


WOD/Challenge Workout: 12 Days of Xmas

12 reps each exercise, one weight of:

Thrusters
SDHP
Clean
Press
Snatch
Push press
Back squat
Deadlift
Overhead squat
Jerk
Front squat
Power Clean

38#
Time: 11:51
HP: 0.091 (updated - calculation was wrong)

The goal is to maximize horsepower. Winner gets to be Santa for a day. As of now, Mike is still in the lead. (updated - Mike won)

Pattern Wednesday
Three Tams, designed by
Picture from Knitty, Winter 2007 issue (from above link)

For my Christmas Eve post, I wanted something pretty and wintry - these fit the bill. I think my favorite one is the white with greens. Of course, they could all be made with different color combinations. I really want to make one of these for myself this winter. It's a long winter in the mountains - I have plenty of time.

I've gathered links to a handful of patterns I like and put them in a spreadsheet - the link is in the sidebar. I'll be posting one of them each Wednesday, but feel free to go peek ahead. The only things they all have in common are 1)they're either free or available for purchase on the web and 2)I liked them. I will be adding lots more.

A little retrospective: it's been a difficult year for me both personally and professionally, and I'm looking forward starting fresh in 2009. I'm grateful for the new friends I've made at Flatirons CrossFit, pleased with the progress I've made over the last 4 months, and optimistic about the road ahead. Looking forward to catching up with family and friends in PA over the next week or so, and then I'll be back, ready to push even harder.

Merry Christmas tomorrow to everyone who celebrates, and a very happy Thursday to everyone else.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I continue to love your blog, Amy. I'm glad you're optimistic about the new year. I wish you "all good things" as Stephen always writes on his notes. See you tomorrow - I can't wait!