Monday, December 15, 2008

Anything Below Zero Is TOO COLD

Trail to the back five

On the back five

Yesterday's WOD:

AMRAP in one day of:

laundry
dishes

Yep, that was my day. How did I get so behind? Seem to be mostly caught up now. We also took a nice walk in the snow on the south side of the Switz. We probably got at least 4 inches and it was drift-y on the trail. Glad I got out yesterday, because I want nothing to do with the outdoors today when it's negative-who-knows-what-now.

Thanks to everyone who made it up for the brew and stew. I know it's a long drive, but it was a fun time! If you felt freaked out by how isolated we are, take a look at those pictures at the top of the post. That's the "back five," our other parcel of land, a steep 1/2 mile-ish hike up behind our house. If you really want to feel isolated, that will do the trick.

Those of you who left early missed the DDR competition, mitten knitting lessons, and me screaming and covering my eyes every time I glanced at the fights on TV and saw blood. Dancing, screaming, and knitting, that's my kind of party. You were all wonderful guests, including our youngest guest John who finally gave our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Xbox game the skill and attention it deserves. It takes me about 30 seconds to lead those poor turtles into mortal danger. And thanks too for all the delicious beverages and goodies you provided! Our fridge is tempting me into carb heaven right now.

Now that people know the way to the lovely village (ghost town) of Sunset, maybe we'll organize a snowshoe round-trip from our house in mid-winter, whenever we get a big snow. But only if it's above zero.

Knitting update: I just realized that I'm getting down to the wire on present knitting. Did anyone else know that Christmas is next week? I did NOT know that. And all my gifts need to be mailed, so that means I can't work up until Christmas Eve. I'd better get on it. Still have a pair of socks and a pair of mittens to finish, plus a bunch of blocking. I will take some pictures during the blocking and put together a mediocre blocking-for-dummies tutorial (there are much better tutorials on the web). Anyway, stay tuned for more knitting content.

Bundle up today and stay warm!

No comments: