Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WOD: Tabata This

Yesterday's WOD: Tabata This

"Tabata Intervals ( 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated 8 times) is applied in turn to the Squat, Rower, Pullups, Sit-ups, and Push-ups with a one minute rotation break between exercises. Each exercise is scored by the weakest number of reps (calories on the rower) in each of the eight intervals. During the one minute rotation time allowed the clock is not stopped but kept running. The score is the total of the scores from the five stations."

(text taken from here)

My score was 40, up from 31 last time. 2-band pullups. I admit I was a little strategic to get my score up and didn't do the full spirit of the workout. But it was still fun and challenging.

I finished my super secret knitting project last night and will hopefully post a photo of it later today, after it has been given to its intended recipient.

Here are some photos of Saturday's workout (taken from here). Look at Mike staring down the barbell in the second photo. "I will beat you, barbell."

1 comment:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

Do you guys work out in a freaking garage!?!? That's ridiculously awesome. To really complete the feel, though, you should all wear goofy kung-fu/bond movie henchman uniforms. Like gray coveralls or something.