Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WOD: Grace

San Francisco Botanical Gardens, Golden Gate Park

Today's WOD: Grace

30 clean and jerk for time

48#
Time: 4:46

That wasn't hard enough - next time, more weight.

Last night Mike and I tried First Bite Boulder, where a bunch of nice local restaurants offer a tasting menu at a fixed price. We went to Seven, on the west end of Pearl Street, and were very impressed. Friendly service, nicely executed food and elegant presentation, all the good yuppiness of Boulder without the pretension. I wasn't crazy about the appetizer or the dessert, but the main course was really to die for. We both got the skirt steak with wasabi goat cheese mashed potatoes. Came with two sauces and an unusual salsa - really interesting flavor combinations. I will definitely go back there, probably on a weeknight because I can imagine it might get pretty crowded on the weekends given the location.

Tonight I'm leavin' on a jet plane - to Maryland. I know, not the most exciting place, but I'll at least try to get some crabcakes while I'm there. Yum. Plus I'll have lots of airport and plane time for knitting. And I even got a new book to read - Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. So business travel isn't fun, but I'll make the most out of it. Will try to post my travel workout tomorrow and Mike Hat Eye Candy on Friday.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I hope your trip is going well. You could have some cream of crab soup to go with your crab cakes.