Monday, November 24, 2008

'Tis the Season (Already?)


Is it bad that I've already decorated for Christmas? Not done yet because a strand of lights burned out and I need to buy a replacement, but the tree is up, and the stockings are hung by the chimney with care... I guess it felt like the holiday season because it's so cold. If winter comes early to the mountains, shouldn't Christmas come early too?

And because I missed it this week, here is a belated Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday. Basic roll brim with 2 rows of purls near the bottom for trim. He's actually wearing this one today. Blurry but cute.


Random: I love this bunny purse. Isn't it cute? It's pretty expensive, but maybe I could make one. I can embroider okay. I think I need an accessory with a bunny face on it.

Sorry no CrossFit content, but I didn't do anything yesterday (or today so far, but the end of the day brings my second Fran). I do have a couple of long rants planned, but I haven't gotten around to writing them yet. Stay tuned, I guess. Also, I keep finding out I have readers! This is really exciting, as I sort of feel like I'm talking to myself when I write stuff here. If you're reading, please say hi in the comments! No need to say anything profound. And thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I would like to say something profound -hmmm - maybe later. I think it's fine that you've decoreated for Christmas. I always like the pre-Christmas time the best. I am going to make Joe care all the holiday stuff up from the basement this weekend when he's home.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

it's true - i can move things from the basement to the living room through the sole power of caring. ;) just ribbin ya, mom. I plan on helping out a lot at home, and it is because I care. :)

Amy -- your bunny-embroidering plans are awesome. if i ever had a hat with a bunny on it, even a creepy, cartoonish bunny? that would be the best hat EVER.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

This is what I have in mind for the bunnee.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z8/cleverguy81/bunnee.jpg

Philip said...

I would help Joe carry the stuff up from the basement but I am lazy...I mean recovering.

Jane said...

I guess I better start spell checking my comments before I send them. Good grief!