Friday, November 14, 2008

Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday

Yesterday's WOD:

For time:
100 air squats
50 KB snatches
75 air squats
40 KB snatches
50 air squats
30 KB snatches
25 air squats
20 KB snatches

It took me 22:33. I'll do the math for you: that's 250 squats and 140 KB snatches total. I'm sort of starting to get the kettlebell snatches. I only smashed my wrists with the kettlebell about ten times total instead of on every attempt. Tim said I could take the reps down, but I said no! The first set of squats were the worst - once I got past that, I knew I could finish. I was glad to be able to do the KB snatch (even if it wasn't perfect) instead of having to substitute KB swings.

Today is a rest day, and I actually feel kind of antsy, like I wish I could go in and work out. It really is addictive! I'll need my rest for the Saturday workout, though, which is always awful and which may be particularly awful this week.

Installment 4 of Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday:

This is a special hat. It is a thrice-knit hat. It's made from some beautiful Brooks Farm 100% mohair Mike picked out at the Estes Park Wool Market. It has very little elasticity, so the first 2 attempts at this hat just "didn't look right". This last attempt was acceptable. Actually, I think it's better than acceptable - it's one of my favorite hats I've knit. The colors shift gradually between blues and browns, the brim is a simple 1X1 rib, changing to stockinette, with my standard 8-part decrease at the top.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is a very nice picture of Mike - he wears the hat well!