Friday, November 7, 2008

Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday

Yesterday's WOD:

21-15-9 reps for time of
Overhead squat 33#
Sumo deadlift high pull 33#

Today I can barely move my shoulders. Ouch. Also, I can't move anything else because of the Filthy Fifty the day before. Today I'm going over for the noon workout, then tomorrow is the Saturday hopper workout, then Sunday I think I'll lie on the couch all day.

Installment 3 of Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday:

This is a hemmed, fast-decrease-gathered-top hat made from Brooks Farm yarn I got at the Estes Park Wool Market this summer. This yarn is awesome - a 50% merino wool/50% silk blend. It looked variegated, but knit up, it ended up striping very regularly. It's not cheap, but it's super high quality and worth every penny. Two years ago I bought the same yarn in a pink/orange colorway for myself, but I haven't used it yet. This hat is slightly big on Mike because the silk makes the yarn less elastic than all wool would be. I might sew in some elastic thread on the inside to make it stretchier.

This video is hilarious. I can't stop laughing at it. Although I do love Whitesnake.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

OK only place I could find to comment. The site is againfaster, look under articles find beautiful women