Friday, November 14, 2008

Goodbye Leon


Leon, my parents' cockatiel, died today. He came to us as Noel, but we all thought Leon suited him better. He used to sing the theme song from the Andy Griffith Show and lots of other songs that he made up. He liked to sit on top of his cage and eat popcorn and proudly show us his wings, and his favorite game was a tapping game that drove everyone crazy. I didn't get to see him much over the last couple of years, but I will miss him. He was a nice bird, and he liked me best. Goodbye, Leon.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you, Amy. Yes, Leon liked your best. He was an excellent judge of character. Dad, especially, will appreciate your kind words.

Philip said...

I miss Leon too. The thing I liked most about Leon was that he did things his way. He did not like to get on most people's fingers, but he would get on anybody's finger if he needed to get back to his cage. Leon was nobody's bitch.