Thursday, October 23, 2008

WOD: Wednesday and Evidence of Lace

Yesterday's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:

21 overhead squats 18#
42 kettlebell swings 12 kg
21 push press 18#
42 kettlebell swings 12 kg
21 front squats 18#

28:26

This was a hard one, but I'm finally making some progress on squats, getting more range of motion. I pushed it and was pleased with my time.

I mentioned that I was working on the Adamas shawl - here's some evidence. (The yarn is Knitpicks Bare undyed laceweight merino.)



It's my first lace shawl, and it's not perfect, but I don't have the heart to tink back 1000 stitches to fix a mistake that I'm not sure I'll see in the finished shawl. I wish I were more of a perfectionist, but oh well. I keep thinking I'm almost done, but I'm nowhere near, maybe halfway. Laceweight shawls take a LONG time! I'm so impressed with how quickly other knitbloggers seem to finish them.

It took me a little while to get into it, but I'm enjoying the shawl knitting so much, I have my eye on a couple of others, both designed by the very talented Sivia Harding: Waves in the Square and Diamond Fantasy. They both call for fingering weight yarn, which I think would give a nice weight, texture, and drape to a shawl.

Stay tuned for Mike Hat Eye Candy Friday! I will hopefully post from the airport on my teeny tiny adorable laptop.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That's a beautiful shawl - your hard work is paying off in both your knitting and fitness routine. Way to go!