Friday, October 17, 2008

Hills

Yesterday's workout:

Spinning, 45 minutes, with lots of hills

Speaking of "hills", here's the view from my front porch this morning:


I still can't believe I live here. Here's the view to the east:


And still speaking of "hills", tomorrow is the Sanitas run. Yikes. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I plan on doing an easy run on the Switz this afternoon. It's kind of like cramming for a test - probably won't do any good, but at least it makes you feel more prepared.

Knitting content: Joe's cable scarf. It's coming along very quickly, thanks to a bulky weight yarn (Knitpicks Cadena). I really should learn to cable without a cable needle, as I keep dropping mine on the floor.


And one more pretty mountain picture: our big aspen is still green! Most of the other aspens up here have changed and lost their leaves. I guess this one's just not ready to let go of summer yet. Neither am I!

5 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

Dude, that's so great. I stepped in a puddle of either soup or vomit this morning on my walk to school. Stupid college students. I will continue to believe that someone spilled soup on the sidewalk. :)

That scarf looks freakin great! It will go well with my brooder coat.

Jane said...

Hi Amy,

I guess commenting isn't so difficult after all. I envy your beautiful view, but I wish it wasn't so far from where I am.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

i haven't mentioned yet that "KnitFit" is probably my favorite name for a blog. Ever. It's like Shit Fit, but knitting! I may have had too much coffee.

You almost make me want to learn how to knit, Amy. I wonder what Mom would think of THAT! Would knitting help me meet women? They might just assume I am gay/too weird.

Philip said...

This is my first comment.

claudia said...

Amy, congratulations on your new blog!