Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Handstand Pushups and Cake

Sailing in the British Virgin Islands, December 2007.

No knitting pictures today - sorry! I was just too tired last night and too rushed this morning to take any. But there will be a new blog feature introduced on Friday. Mike Hat Eye Candy Fridays! Mike has a lot of hats that I've made for him, and he will be modeling a different hat every Friday until we run out or get sick of them.

Also no workout from yesterday - class was canceled. I was really disappointed - never thought I'd be disappointed to miss burpees. But the WOD has become something I look forward to all day, go figure. I thought it was dread, but if that were the case, I wouldn't be disappointed when I have to miss it.

I did end up getting a WOD in last night in the form of a(nother) Crossfit nightmare.
Updated to add: Just to clarify, this is not a real WOD that I or anyone did. It was the WOD in my dream. Yes, my subconscious likes prime numbers apparently.

NOT REAL WOD:
3-5-7-11-13 (all primes) of
handstand pushups
regular pushups

And the warmup was handstand pushups too. The workout was in an auditorium with cakes and pies on tables all around . I'm not much for interpreting dreams, but that one seems pretty clear. Sheesh. I'm going to have to learn how to do handstand pushups or I'm going to keep dreaming about them.

And in case this entry wasn't random enough, here's an interesting article on why published research papers are likely to be wrong.

1 comment:

Jane said...

MMMM - pies and cakes. That's my kind of dream. However, the push-up part isn't even in my repertoire of bad dreams. Mine usually involve not having been to class all semester and panicking about the final or a paper that is due. I'll look forward to the hats on parade. Mike is a good sport.