Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Visit and Travel WOD

At the Bonfiglio family reunion, August 2008

This weekend I traveled to Pennsylvania to visit family.

I managed to fit in a Crossfit workout on Sunday. I adjusted a mostly travel-friendly WOD from about a month ago by substituting dumbbell push press for pullups:

3 rounds for time of:

50 squats
40 situps
30 pushups
20 dumbbell push press (12# DB)

I did it in 19:28. Really had to push it at the end to get it under 20 minutes. It was a very good travel workout. I would definitely use it again as a travel workout. With something substituted for the push press, it would be a no equipment workout. Maybe luggage swings? :)

Trip knitting included working on some Christmas present socks, 2 booties (of 4 I'm making for a coworker's soon-to-arrive twins) a few rows on the shawl, and the start of a new sock with some self-patterning yarn my mom donated. Actually she donated all of her sock yarn stash to me since she is not into socks right now. I say, knit what you like (especially if that means donating yarn to me). Tiny yarn and tiny needles are not everyone's favorite thing. We also paid a visit to The Colonial Yarn Shop in Mechanicsburg. A cozy little store with a very good selection of high quality yarns.

My travel back was smooth with no delays (go Southwest Airlines), and I have small mountains of laundry welcoming me back. Apparently the magic laundry box (the hamper, where you place clothes and later they show up clean in your closet) wasn't working when I was out of town.

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a handsome family! I'm glad you had a good trip.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

I think I've lost a little (little) weight since then. I think.